- Safe payment
- Term of payment
- Return shipment and exchanges | Withdrawal
- Delivery and collection
- Delivery time
You can order from us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can choose to pay as “guest” or to create an account.
The order process is SSL-secured. The required fields are indicated with an * (asterisk). If there are any required details missing from the order form, delivery will only take place in case of prepayment. For online payments, you are automatically forwarded to a separate secure payment page.
The order confirmation and shipping messages are only sent by email. For this reason it is important to list a current email address and to take your spam filter into account!
- Safe payment
We attach great value to secure payment. Sewingpatterns.eu cooperates with Payment Service Provider (PSP) Buckaroo. The "lock" at the bottom right of the payment screen shows you that you are on a secure SSL page.
You can pay us safely with the following payment methods:
- Mastercard, VISA
- iDEAL (Netherlands)
- Klarna afterpay (only Netherlands and Germany, € 0,99)
- Sofortbanking (Germany)
- Bancontact (Belgium)
- ING Home'Pay (only Belgium)
- Belfius (Belgium)
- KBC (Belgium)
- Bank transfer (up to 1 week reservation of items)
- Exact cash on collection (no debit card payment facilities!)
Online payments are handled immediately. It may occur that a sold-out pattern is shipped after your payment is debited.
For orders where payment must take place before delivery (prepayment or bank transfer) will be reserved for 2 weeks at most.
- Term of payment
The term of payment is 14 days. For late payment, the statutory interest plus reminder fee will be charged. Upon default of payment, the claim is handed over to a collection agency.
- We only supply digital invoices.
- You will receive an invoice with VAT-listing.
- Return shipment and exchanges
You are entitled to report the items for return within 14 days of delivery without giving a reason. After a return notification you have 14 days to return the items. The articles must be packed in their original condition and in the same way as they were delivered.. The shipping costs of the return shipment are at your own expense. We will send you a confirmation of receipt of the return shipment by email.
If you have already paid for the order, the total purchase amount including shipping costs will be refunded into your account within 14 days after actual return of the items.
During the term of approval you should handle the items and the packaging carefully. For patterns: please cut packaging carefully and look at the instruction sheets first. Usually, it is then not necessary to fully open pattern sheets to determine whether you want to keep the item or not.
After the period of 14 working days the sale is final and you can no longer return your purchase, while you remain owing the full purchase amount. We advise you to demonstrate that you have made use of the right to return in a timely fashion. Therefore, we recommend that you make sure that you are in possession of proof of delivery, proof of posting or a similar document. In case of return after the set time of 14 working days, we will charge 50% of the invoice.
Exchange of items can only take place after written request within 14 working days after delivery of the items. The items should be returned in their original condition and packaged in the same way. The shipping costs of the return shipment are at your own expense.
We will charge you shipping costs for the shipping of new items.
We recommend that you inspect the delivered items immediately after receipt, and to report any defects in writing within due time.
In the following situations you cannot return or exchange items:
- if it concerns a magazine;
- The item is no longer complete or damaged;
- The item does not contain all objects included by the manufacturer upon delivery;
- The item is not in its original packaging;
- The item is a Marfy pattern directly sent to you by Marfy Italy.
8911 HG Leeuwarden
After return you will receive a return confirmation and a credit invoice. Include the packing slip so that we can process your return quickly and correctly.
At least 50% of the invoice amount will be charged for returns after 14 days or when the items are returned damaged / used and 100% when it concerns a magazine.
We are forced to recover the DPD return costs charged to us if you do not collect the order (in time) from a Pick Up Parcel Shop or when you are not at home, despite various announcements of the delivery date and delivery time. These costs are high: Belgium € 11.18 and Germany € 11.60.
Check immediately after receipt if your order is in order. You must report any defects or errors in writing within 2 months.More information and withdrawalform »
- When you create a customer account and register for the e-newsletter, you start saving points on every purchase. For every € 5.00 spent, you will receive 10 points.
- On registration, you will receive a one-off gift of 20 bonus points from us! Bonus points will be added to your account after your first order in the new webshop has been invoiced.
- You can check your points balance in your account.
- You can start redeeming your points as soon as you have saved at least 50 points. Naturally, you can keep on saving up to a maximum of 200 points for a one-off higher amount of discount. You have to redeem the points as soon as you have reached 200. You then start saving again.
- Discount amounts:
- 50 points: € 2.50
- 100 points: € 5.00
- 150 points: € 7.50
- 200 points: &euro 10.00
- All points will be added to your account after the order has been invoiced.
- We do not provide any money back if the discount is higher than the purchase amount.
- When you cancel the newsletter, you automatically stop saving points and your balance already accrued will lapse. Do you have a new email address? Change this in your account and do not cancel the newsletter!
- You do not save points and cannot redeem points on the purchase of books, magazines and reduced items (such as clearance items or special sale items).
You are the first to be informed of special offers and new items through the newsletter.
You can cancel the newsletter at any time through the link in the newsletter or on this website. If you also have a loyal customer account, the right to discount lapses upon cancellation of the newsletter. Your email address is never passed on to third parties (see also our privacy statement)
Registration or cancellation of newsletter »
- Delivery and collection
Deliveries are shipped through PostNL or DPD. All orders are shipped with tracking.
Collection by appointment is possible. You can tick this option during the ordering process. Collection is only possible from Monday to Friday between 9.00 and 16.30 from our warehouse location and after notification that your order is ready and waiting. You cannot choose patterns at the collection location and you need to place a prior order at the webshop.
It is also possible to have your order delivered to a PostNL post office or DPD Pick Up Parcel Shop.
We are obliged to charge you the return costs of DPD charged to us if you do not collect the order (in time). These costs are high: Belgium € 11.18, Germany € 11.60 and the Netherlands € 9.53. The shipping costs of your order will not be credited in this situation. For a new shipment, shipping costs will be charged again. P>
You will receive a shipping notice on the day of shipping. Please let us know if your order has not been delivered after two weeks. Complaints about delivery will not be considered after the 2-month term has lapsed.
Subsequent deliveries are shipped at no extra cost.
Aforementioned rates include handling and packing costs.
Important notice: we are not responsible for undelivered orders caused by incorrectly supplied address details!
- Delivery time
We try to deliver the items within 2 working day s (in the Netherlands). We will try to explain here why it is impossible for us to indicate an exact delivery time.
In most cases, orders placed before 14.00 are shipped on the same day. The expected delivery time is stated at every article in our webstore and depends on the available stock.
You will receive a message from us if the delivery time may be longer than the indicated delivery time. You will then have the opportunity to cancel your order or to choose an alternative item.
You are sent a shipping notice on the day of shipping. Your order should then be delivered within the indicated delivery time. If this is not the case, please get in touch with us.
There are few exceptions:
- a number of smaller/less well-known brands are imported from the USA. We regularly experience that shipments are held for more than 3 weeks (!) by Dutch customs for clearance. We do not know beforehand which orders will be selected, causing the delivery time to sometimes run up to a month. Fortunately, this does not happen often.
- in special offer-periods, when it is exceptionally busy in the shop, the delivery time may increase somewhat.
- for shipping to addresses outside of the Netherlands (Europe), the delivery time is longer by an average of 2 working days. Depending on the mail delivery service in the country in question, the delivery time may be one week.
If you need a pattern before a certain date, please get in touch with us before you place your order. We can then inform you of the delivery time. This helps to prevent disappointment.
Items will be reserved up to one week if you've chosen the bank transfer payment option!
For questions or information we recommend that you get in touch with us through email. We do, however, receive a lot of questions that are answered on this website. Please consult the FAQ page first
You can call us from Monday to Friday between 9.00 - 17.00. Our office is closed on national holidays.
Our telephone number is 058-2167622. From outside the Netherlands 0031-58-2167622.
We do our best to process your order to your complete satisfaction. Should you have had bad experiences with your order or our service, we would appreciate swift notification of the matter. We will do our utmost to come to a solution.
If it does not lead to a solution, it is possible to register your dispute for mediation via Stichting WebwinkelKeur. From 15 February 2016, it is also possible for consumers in the EU to register complaints via the ODR platform of the European Commission. This ODR platform can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. If your complaint is not yet being processed elsewhere, you are free to file the complaint via the platform of the European Union.
You can send your complaint to email@example.com or call +31 (0)58 - 2167622. We will deal with your complaint within 30 days at most.
- Frequently-asked questions
Because many questions have already been asked by several customers, we have made a selection of frequently-asked questions. If something is not quite clear to you, please check if your question is answered on the FAQ page.
Frequently-asked questions (FAQ) »
- Terms and conditions
Our Terms of Delivery apply to all our services and deliveries. These have been filed with the Chamber of Commerce Friesland under number 01102561 on 27 May 2019.
To be able to place an order, you need to agree with the terms and conditions by ticking the box on the customer details page during the ordering process. We assume that you will not agree to the terms and conditions until you have actually read them.
Terms and conditions »
The privacy statement contains our information, explains personal data and the processing of personal data and for what purposes we process your personal information. It explains your rights, what we do to ensure your personal data are safe and how long they are stored. The privacy statement applies when you visit one of our websites, place an order or close contracts.
Cookies make our website user-friendly. In this cookie statement you can read our information, what cookies are, which cookies we - and third parties - use, why these cookies are used, how long we keep cookies and how to delete cookies.